Melphalan Tablets IP Alphalan 2 mg
Facts of ALPHALAN Tablets IP ?
- Medicine Name: ALPHALAN Tablets IP
- Active Ingredients: Melphalan.
- Strength: 2 mg / 5 mg.
- Dosage Form: Tablets in bottle.
- Retail Pack: 25’s.
- Company Name: NATCO PHARMA LTD.
Alphalan Melphalan Tablets IP (Generic version of Alkeran)
Melphalan Drugs should only be used under the supervision of a doctor experienced with the use of cancer medicines. Melphalan may cause a decrease in the body’s blood cells (bone marrow suppression), which could cause bleeding problems or infection. It may also cause blood cell cancer (e.g, leukemia). Notify your doctor immediately if you develop easy bleeding or bruising, unusual fatigue, or signs of an infection, such as persistent sore throat or fever.
What is Alphalan?
Alphalan is generic version of Alkeran which is manufactured by Natco Pharma Ltd. (INDIA)
What are the Indications of Alphalan?
Alphalan (generic Version of Alkeran) is indicated for the palliative treatment of multiple myeloma and for the palliation of non-resectable epithelial carcinoma of the ovary.
Alphalan is a chemotherapy drug which contains melphalan, and is mainly used for treating multiple myeloma, melanoma, ovarian and breast cancer. The medicine is an alkylating agent of the bi Schloroethylamine Type. It is useful against both resting as well as rapidly dividing tumor cells. Alphalan is used for palliative treatment of multiple myeloma and for the palliation of non-resectable epithelial carcinoma of the ovary. The medicine works by slowing down or stopping the growth of cancer cells in the body.
Do not use Melphalan tablets if:
- You are allergic to any ingredient in melphalan tablets..
- You have used melphalan tablets before and it did not work.
- You have taken or will be taking palifermin within 24 hours before or after taking melphalan tablets.
- You are taking nalidixic acid.
- Contact your doctor or health care provider right away if any of these apply to you.