CELSENTRI (Maraviroc) Tablets 300mg
Facts of CELSENTRI (Maraviroc) Tablets 300mg
- Medicine Name: CELSENTRI
- Generic Name: Maraviroc
- Approval Date: Sept. 18, 2007
- Company Name: Pfizer
- Available as (Form & Strength): 150mg and 300mg Tablets
What are the indications and usage?
- CELSENTRI is used to treat Human Immunodeficiency Virus type-1 (HIV-1) in adults.
- CELSENTRI contains a medicine called maraviroc. Maraviroc belongs to a group of medicines called CCR5 antagonists. CELSENTRI works by blocking a receptor called CCR5 which HIV uses to enter and infect your blood cells.
- CELSENTRI must be taken in combination with other medicines which are also used to treat the HIV infection. These medicines are all called anti-HIV medicines or antiretrovirals.
- CELSENTRI, as part of combination therapy, reduces the amount of virus in your body, and keeps it at a low level. This helps your body to increase the CD4 cell count in your blood. CD4 cells are a type of white blood cell that are important in helping your body to fight infection.