Facts of Glyxambi (empagliflozin)
- Medicine Name: Glyxambi
- Generic Name: empagliflozin
- Approval Date: Jan. 8, 2014
- Company Name: Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Available as (Form & Strength): Tablets: 10 mg empagliflozin/5 mg linagliptin and 25 mg empagliflozin/5 mg linagliptin
What is indication and usage?
- GLYXAMBI tablets are indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus when treatment with both empagliflozin and linagliptin is appropriate
Limitation of Use
- GLYXAMBI is not recommended for patients with type 1 diabetes or for the treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis.
- GLYXAMBI has not been studied in patients with a history of pancreatitis. It is unknown whether patients with a history of pancreatitis are at an increased risk for the development of pancreatitis while using GLYXAMBI
What is GLYXAMBI?
GLYXAMBI is a prescription medicine that contains 2 diabetes medicines, empaglifl ozin (JARDIANCE) and linagliptin (TRADJENTA) . GLYXAMBI can be used along with diet and exercise to lower blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes when treatment with both empagliflozin (JARDIANCE) and linagliptin (TRADJENTA) is appropriate.
- GLYXAMBI is not for people with type 1 diabetes.
- GLYXAMBI is not for people with diabetic ketoacidosis (increased ketones in the blood or urine).
- If you have had pancreatitis in the past, it is not known if you have a higher chance of getting pancreatitis while you take GLYXAMBI .