Facts of Kazano (alogliptin)
- Medicine Name: KAZANO
- Generic Name: alogliptin
- Approval Date: Jan. 8, 2014
- Company Name: Takeda Pharmaceuticals America, Inc.
- Available as (Form & Strength): Tablets: 5 mg and 10 mg.
What is KAZANO?
- KAZANO contains 2 prescription diabetes medicines, alogliptin (NESINA) and metformin hydrochloride.
- KAZANO is a prescription medicine used with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar (glucose) control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
- KAZANO is not for people with type 1 diabetes.
- KAZANO is not for people with diabetic ketoacidosis (increased ketones in blood or urine).
It is not known if KAZANO is safe and effective in children under the age of 18.
How should I store KAZANO?
Store KAZANO at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
Keep the container of KAZANO tightly closed.