Facts of Nesina (alogliptin)
- Medicine Name: NESINA
- Generic Name: alogliptin
- Approval Date: Jan. 8, 2014
- Company Name: Takeda Pharmaceuticals America, Inc.
- Available as (Form & Strength): Tablets: 25 mg, 12.5 mg and 6.25 mg
What is indication and usage?
- NESINA is indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus in multiple clinical settings
Limitation of Use
- NESINA should not be used in patients with ty pe 1 diabetes mellitus or for the treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis, as it would not be effective in these settings. .
What is NESINA?
NESINA (pronounced neh-SEE-nah) is an FDA- approved prescription medication, that along with diet and exercise, can be taken orally once daily to help improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes. Individual results may vary.