Facts of Jardiance (empagliflozin)
- Medicine Name: JARDIANCE
- Generic Name: empagliflozin
- Approval Date: Jan. 8, 2014
- Company Name: Boehringer Ingelheim International GmbH
- Available as (Form & Strength): Tablets: 10 mg, 25 mg.
What is indication and usage?
- JARDIANCE is indicated as an adjunct to diet and exercise to improve glycemic control in adults with type 2 diabetes mellitus
Limitation of Use
- JARDIANCE is not recommended for patients with type 1 diabetes or for the treatment of diabetic ketoacidosis.
What is JARDIANCE?
JARDIANCE is a prescription medicine used al ong with diet and exercise to lower blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes.
JARDIANCE is not for people with type 1 diabetes.
JARDIANCE is not for people with diabetic ketoacidosis (increased ketones in the blood or urine)
it is not known if JARDIANCE is safe and effective in children under 18 years of age.