Facts of Tasigna (nilotinib) 150mg capsules novartis ?
- Medicine Name: Tasigna
- Generic Name: nilotinib
- Approval Date: 10/29/2007
- Company Name: Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corp
- Available as (Form & Strength): 150 mg and 200 mg hard capsules.
Indications and Usage?
- Newly Diagnosed Ph+ CML: – CP Tasigna (nilotinib) is indicated for the treatment of adult patients with newly diagnosed Philadelphia chromosome positive chronic myeloid leukemia (Ph+ CML) in chronic phase. The effectiveness of Tasigna is based on major molecular response and cytogenetic response rates
- Resistant or Intolerant Ph+ CML – CP and CML – AP Tasigna is indicated for the treatment of chronic phase and accelerated phase Philadelphia chromosome positive chronic myelogenous leukemia (Ph+ CML) in adult patients resistant or intolerant to prior therapy that included imatinib. The effectiveness of Tasigna is based on hematologic and cytogenetic res ponse rates
How supplied/storage and handling ?
Tasigna (nilotinib) 150 mg capsules are red opaque hard gelatin capsules, size 1 with black axial imprint “NVR/BCR . ” Tasigna (nilotinib) 200 mg capsules are light yellow opaque hard gelatin ca psules, size 0 with the red axial imprint “NVR/TKI.” Tasigna capsules are supplied in blister packs.
Tasigna (nilotinib) capsules should be stored at 25°C (77°F); excursions permitted between 15° to 30°C (59° to 86°F) [see USP Controlled Room Temperature]