Facts of ZYDELIG (Idelalisib) Tablets 100mg ?
- Medicine Name: ZYDELIG
- Generic Name: Idelalisib
- Approval Date: July 23, 2014
- Company Name: Gilead Sciences, Inc.
- Available as (Form & Strength): 100 mg and 150 mg Tablets
What are the indications and usage?
Zydelig is a kinase inhibitor indicated for the treatment of patients with:
- Relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), in combination with rituximab, in patients for whom rituximab alone would be considered appropriate therapy due to other co-morbidities.
- Relapsed follicular B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma (FL) in patients who have received at least two prior systemic therapies.
- Relapsed small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL) in patients who have received at least two prior systemic therapies.
Generic name: Idelalisib (eye del a LIS ib)
Chemocare.com uses trade names in all descriptions of drugs. Zydelig® is the trade name for the generic chemotherapy drug idelalisib. In some cases, health care professionals may use the generic name idelalisib when referring to the trade drug Zydelig®.
Drug type: Zydelig® is a targeted therapy. It is an oral Phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase inhibitor – (For more detail, see “How this drug works,” below).
What this drug is used for:
Chronic lymphocytic leukemia: Treatment of relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) (in combination with rituximab) when rituximab alone is appropriate therapy due to other comorbidities.
Follicular B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma: Treatment of relapsed follicular B-cell non-Hodgkin lymphoma after at least 2 prior systemic therapies.
Small lymphocytic lymphoma: Treatment of relapsed small lymphocytic lymphoma (SLL) after at least 2 prior systemic therapies.
Note: If a drug has been approved for one use, physicians may elect to use this same drug for other problems if they believe it may be helpful.