Zykadia™ (ceritinib) capsules 150 mg
Facts of zykadia (ceritinib) capsules ?
- Medicine Name: zykadia
- Generic Name: Ceritinib
- Approval Date: 04/29/2014
- Company Name: Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation
- Available as (Form & Strength): Capsules: 12.5 mg, 25 mg, 50 mg (3)
What are the indications and usage?
ZYKADIA is a prescription medicine that is used to treat people with non – small cell lung cancer (NS CLC) that:
- is caused by a defect in a gene called anaplastic lymphoma kinase (ALK), and
- has spread to other parts of the body, and
- who have taken the medicine crizotinib, but their NSCLC worsened or they cannot tolerate taking crizotinib.
How supplied/storage and handling ?
Store ZYKADIA at room temperature between 68°F to 77°F (20°C to 25°C).
Zykadia™ is the trade name for the generic chemotherapy drug ceritinib. In some cases, health care professionals may use the generic name ceritinib when referring to the trade drug Zykadia™.
Drug type: Zykadia™ is a targeted therapy. It is an oral tyrosine kinase inhibitor – (For more detail, see “How this drug works,” below.)
What this drug is used for:
For the treatment of non-small cell lung cancer that is caused by a defect in a gene called ALK (anaplastic lymphoma kinase). The cancer must be (ALK)-positive as indicated by an FDA-approved test.
Note: If a drug has been approved for one use, physicians may elect to use this same drug for other problems if they believe it may be helpful.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]