Hello world!January 19, 2021
MabThera Rituximab 100mgFebruary 12, 2021
Generic name: Omacetaxine
Synribo™ is the trade name for the generic chemotherapy drug omacetaxine. In some cases, health care professionals may use the generic name omacetaxine when referring to the trade name Synribo™.
Drug type: Synribo™ is an anti-cancer (“antineoplastic” or “cytotoxic”) chemotherapy drug. Synribo™ is classified as a plant alkaloid – (For more detail, see “How this drug works,” below.)
What this drug is used for:
- For the treatment of adult patients with chronic- or accelerated-phase Chronic Myelogenous Leukemia (CML) with resistance and/or intolerance to two or more tyrosine kinase inhibitors (TKIs).
Note: If a drug has been approved for one use, physicians may elect to use this same drug for other problems if they believe it may be helpful.
How this drug is given:
- Synribo™ is given by injection, under the skin (subcutaneous, SubQ).
- There is no pill form of Synribo™.
- Synribo™ needs to be given on a fixed schedule. If you miss a dose, call your doctor, home health caregiver, or treatment clinic for instructions.
- The amount of Synribo™ that you will receive depends on many factors, your general health or other health problems, and the type of cancer or condition being treated. Your doctor will determine your dose and schedule.